Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Quiet? Readers?

Some of those interesting experiences today.

Before the school children arrived for my first set, one of the adults asked me:

Her: So what are you doing today with the children?

Me: I am a storyteller.

Her: Oh , good. Something to put them to sleep for a while. That will make them quieter for us.

Me: I think you are in for a big surprise, I'm kinda noisy.

Her: Oh.

And one of the children asked (again) after I had done several connected, fun participatory stories:"So when are you finally gonna start reading some books to us?"

Sigh.

The official blog for K. Sean Buvala, storyteller and storytelling coach.

2 comments:

  1. Um, April Fool?

    Really?

    Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to think you're kidding but sadly I can believe this.
    Oh well...sigh

    ReplyDelete